STEWART L. LEVY – Partner
675 Third Avenue
New York, New York 10017
- B.A. Columbia College, summa cum laude, 1974
- Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D. Yale Law School, 1977
- Associate at Schulte Roth & Zabel (né Baer & McGoldrick), 1978-1979
- Associate Kornstein Meister & Veisz, 1979-1980
- Associate, Parcher & Herbert, 1981-1985
- Partner, Parcher, Arisohn & Hayes, P.C., 1986-1990
- Partner, Eisenberg Tanchum & Levy, 1990-present
- Past co-chairman of the Litigation and Legislation Sub-committee of the New York State Bar Association’s Entertainment and Sports Law Committee
- Member, United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York; United States Courts of Appeal for the Second and Third Circuits.
- Judge, Pace Law School National Environmental Law Moot Court Competitions, 2007-08, 2010.
- Guest lecturer, Virginia Continuing Legal Education Program, Entertainment and Sports Law, 2008.
- Guest lecturer, University of Connecticut Law School, Stanford Law School, 2010.
Mr. Levy’s practice at one time consisted almost exclusively of litigation in the record industry. It has since branched out to general commercial litigation, while retaining an emphasis on all facets of the entertainment business, including both litigation and transactional work. His clients include recording artists, television and film stars and athletes. The breadth of his client base, coupled with his litigation skills and expertise in copyright and trademark matters, provide a unique combination of practical and theoretical knowledge which have been applied to a wide range of matters. His reported litigations include seminal cases on publicity rights, Groucho Marx Productions v. Day and Night Company, Inc., 689 F.2d 317 (2d Cir. 1982), and the digital distribution of recordings rights, Reinhardt v. Wal-mart Stores, 547 F. Supp 2d 346 (S.D.N.Y. 2008) His work and that of the other attorneys in the firm has been cited in “Who Protects Innovation in America?” IP Law & Business (November 2008), as being that of a “go-to firm for the world’s most forward-thinking companies.”